We believe that the Christian Faith, as explained in the Bible, can be a living, personal faith for people today. We believe it provides answers for the major issues facing us all in the Twenty First Century. We believe all that the Bible teaches, but a summary of the more important points of the Christian Faith can be found in our "Doctrinal Basis" (Statement of Faith) below.
Fundamental truths that we believe include:
- The unity of the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
The sovereignty of God in creation, providence, revelation and final judgment.
- The divine inspiration of Holy Scripture and its consequent entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of fallen man, making him subject to God's wrath condemnation and eternal punishment.
- The full deity of Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Son of God; His virgin birth, His death on the cross, His bodily resurrection and His ascension to the right hand of God the Father.
- The substitutionary sacrifice of Jesus Christ as the sole and all-sufficient ground of redemption from the guilt and power of sin and from its eternal consequences.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone, and once regenerate eternally secure in Christ.
- The illuminating, regenerating, sanctifying and empowering work of God the Holy Spirit, who indwells the believer from conversion.
- The priesthood of all believers, who form the universal Church, the Body, of which Christ is the Head.
- The future, personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ in power and glory.
Our church practises baptism by immersion. Believers associated with the church are encouraged to testify publicly to their Christian faith in this way.